Although I’m not a makeup guru or professional I love wearing makeup. I thought it would be nice to share my makeup of the day featuring one of my favourite palettes the Urban Decay Electric with a splash of Urban Decay’s VICE 3 Palette.
A lot of people seem to be intimidated by the Electric palette because of the very bright eyeshadow colours. I even get intimated sometimes because with this palette, you are only 5 brush strokes from looking like a circus clown. However, with a little tweaking I made it appropriate for everyday wear. I also think people should not be afraid to wear bright eyeshadow colours! It’s always a nice change from the everyday nudes and golds.
- Foundation– Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 340
- Finishing powder– MAC Mineralise skin finish in “Deep”
- Highlighter– MAC Mineralise skin finish in “Cheeky Bronze”
- Crease – Urban Decay VICE 3 in “Reign”
- Lid – Urban Decay Electric in “Savage”
- Lower lash line– Urban Decay Electric in “Gonzo”
- Lashes– KISS Ever EZ multipack collection
- Eyebrows– Jordana Fabubrow in “Midnight Brown“
- Lip Liner: MAC lip liner in “Bitter Sweet”
- Liquid Lipstick: Freedom Pro Melts in” Kisses Waiting”
Here is the finished look!
Please tell me what you think of this look and leave any requests in the comments section! I would also love to know what is your favourite eyeshadow colour? I love pink but mine is definitely bronze!
Thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you soon!
Instagram ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest – Twitter
My everyday makeup is full faced with maximum coverage but very natural! I love wearing makeup everyday but since I am prone to foundation-induced pimples I now wear makeup 2-3 times a week.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation – 355
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Powder – Dark
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Highlighter – Cheeky Bronze
- L.A. Girl PRO Concealer – Chestnut and Toffee
To begin, I apply the Maybelline Fit Me foundation all over my face to give me an even skin tone. I previously used Mac’s Studio Fix foundation but since I travelled to Florida, then moved back to Nigeria, I do not use it anymore because I started to break out. I suspect that the hot weather and this foundation do not agree with my skin.
Maybelline is the perfect foundation for hotter weathers because it is light, full coverage and doesn’t sink into your pores. The only down side is that it may not last as long as Mac’s studio fix throughout the day so you may need a touch up here and there. However, my skin has been popping so I’m not complaining!
I then apply the L.A Girl PRO Concealer under my eyes and I also apply this on my brows to sharpen them. I then set the foundation with my Mac Mineralize Skin Finish powder. This powder mattifies my face and gives a finished look. Finally, I apply the Mineralize Skin Finish Highlighter on my cheeks to give my cheeks a glowy, bronzy look.
- Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
- Jordana FabuBrow – Dark Brown
- Kiss Ever EZ Lashes- 01
- Adventure Makeup Eye Tech Bold Liquid Eyeliner
Next is my Eyes! I fill in my brows with the Jordana FabuBrow pencil and use Makeup Revolution Iconic palette on my eyelids. I usually go for bronzy, sultry eyeshadow looks so I use a lot of shimmery pinks and gold on most days because it’s cute and it goes with everything. I finish with the Adventure Makeup eyeliner and I usually go for a little wing.
- Mac’s Taupe Lipstick
- Mac’s Bittersweet Lip Liner
I finish off my makeup look with one of my favourite nude lipsticks. It is Mac’s Taupe lined with Mac’s Bittersweet lip liner. It is my favourite nude lipstick combo and it can be dressed up or down depending on your mood.
That is it for my everyday makeup look. Here is the finished look!
Please give this post a like if you enjoyed it and what does your favorite everyday makeup look like?