In my 20 years of growing up I have learnt a lot of things through my experiences and I thought it would be nice to share them because it could be applicable to people of any age. Here they are!
- Humans are complex and extremely unpredictable creatures that can be capable of great evil or love.
- Worrying about things you cannot control is a waste of time.
- Question everything. Never be afraid to question things that are considered norm.
- Always try to see the good in people.
- But don’t be naive. Even though some people have good qualities, a lot of people have ulterior motives and may not be genuine.
- Try to be aware and thankful for the privileges and opportunities you were born into.
- Motivation rarely gets you to complete a task. Being disciplined is far superior to motivation.
- Not everyone is going to like you. The sooner you accept it, the easier navigating relationships and friendships becomes.
- Everyone has different, interesting and even offensive opinions. Always listen with an open mind and try to broaden your view of the world.
- Things are not always in black and white. The whole world is a blob of messy grey areas.
- Your parents are probably right 99% percent of the time.
- Bad things happen to good people. It doesn’t make sense and I will probably never understand it.
- Healthy food doesn’t actually taste that bad, as long as you know how to cook it properly.
- Be silly and laugh a lot. It makes you feel better and relaxes you.
- Most things are not that serious. When you put things into perspective, will this really be important 10 years from now? If not, it’s probably not worth it.
- Be a problem solver instead of a problem dweller.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people.
- It is okay to be single. It will happen when it will happen.
- A lot of arguements are pointless and never get anywhere. Pick and choose your battles.
- Cherish and love your body. You may not like how it looks but it does a pretty fucking hard job of keeping you alive everyday.
That’s it! I turned 20 a few months ago and it kind of feels like the age where you aren’t really a child anymore so you should really have your shit together, but at the same time you haven’t fully entered adulthood. I am just enjoying this last few months of the baby-girl life before I become a full adult.
What have you learnt about people and yourself these past few years? Leave it in the comments section!
My everyday makeup is full faced with maximum coverage but very natural! I love wearing makeup everyday but since I am prone to foundation-induced pimples I now wear makeup 2-3 times a week.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation – 355
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Powder – Dark
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Highlighter – Cheeky Bronze
- L.A. Girl PRO Concealer – Chestnut and Toffee
To begin, I apply the Maybelline Fit Me foundation all over my face to give me an even skin tone. I previously used Mac’s Studio Fix foundation but since I travelled to Florida, then moved back to Nigeria, I do not use it anymore because I started to break out. I suspect that the hot weather and this foundation do not agree with my skin.
Maybelline is the perfect foundation for hotter weathers because it is light, full coverage and doesn’t sink into your pores. The only down side is that it may not last as long as Mac’s studio fix throughout the day so you may need a touch up here and there. However, my skin has been popping so I’m not complaining!
I then apply the L.A Girl PRO Concealer under my eyes and I also apply this on my brows to sharpen them. I then set the foundation with my Mac Mineralize Skin Finish powder. This powder mattifies my face and gives a finished look. Finally, I apply the Mineralize Skin Finish Highlighter on my cheeks to give my cheeks a glowy, bronzy look.
- Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
- Jordana FabuBrow – Dark Brown
- Kiss Ever EZ Lashes- 01
- Adventure Makeup Eye Tech Bold Liquid Eyeliner
Next is my Eyes! I fill in my brows with the Jordana FabuBrow pencil and use Makeup Revolution Iconic palette on my eyelids. I usually go for bronzy, sultry eyeshadow looks so I use a lot of shimmery pinks and gold on most days because it’s cute and it goes with everything. I finish with the Adventure Makeup eyeliner and I usually go for a little wing.
- Mac’s Taupe Lipstick
- Mac’s Bittersweet Lip Liner
I finish off my makeup look with one of my favourite nude lipsticks. It is Mac’s Taupe lined with Mac’s Bittersweet lip liner. It is my favourite nude lipstick combo and it can be dressed up or down depending on your mood.
That is it for my everyday makeup look. Here is the finished look!
Please give this post a like if you enjoyed it and what does your favorite everyday makeup look like?
The Victoria and Albert museum is the worlds largest museum of art and decorative design and the 7th largest art museum in the world. It is located in South Kensington and houses a collection of art spanning over 5000 years! It is pretty impressive.
To be honest I was not really looking forward to going to this museum. Art history bores me to death and I really wanted to go to a contemporary art museum but I actually had a pretty good time here!
Some of the pieces that really stuck out to me where the religious altar pieces. They were absolutely breathtaking and they all told a story of either Jesus or a Saint. My favourite altar piece was this gold-like wooden structure that depicted the story of Jesus. It was very intricate. The man who carved the alter piece even carved himself kneeling at Jesus’s feet. Almost all the alter pieces were either made in the 14th or 15th century! That is amazing!
These artists really had no chill for Jesus when it came to their art….
I also saw some cool Japanese contemporary art, war equipments, buddhist sculptures and a vast collection of paintings and architecture which was really fun to look at. This museum is not a place you can see in a day. I know I said the exact same thing about my visit to the Natural History Museum but this is a thousand times worse. Its HUGE-ER!
Anyways I hope you enjoy the pictures of my visit and I’ll see you soon!