DUBAI: My Desert Safari Experience

DUBAI: My Desert Safari Experience

The Desert Safari is a popular tourist activity in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. My Desert Safari included 3 activities; Desert Dune Bashing, a Camel ride and and a BBQ dinner with a desert camp experience. I booked through Golden Treasure Tourism which did my visa, tourism activities, air ticketing and hotel bookings. To begin the day, a driver picked us up from the hotel with a group of 4 other people and drove us to the desert.  Before I travelled to Dubai, my travel agent had told my mother that sand dune bashing is very scary and if she doesn’t want to have a heart attack she shouldn’t do it because it’s similar to a roller coaster ride. Because of this, when it was almost time for dune bashing, my mother told the driver that she didn’t want to drive on the “fast car” but she wants to come down from the car and drive on the “slow one”. This got lots of protests from the second group. Unbeknownst to her, the slow one didn’t exist.

IMG_2925- EDIT

The driver just completely ignored her, smiled, turned on the car and proceeded to give us the wildest ride of our lives.  I have never been driven so fast in my life! I have also never screamed so loud in my life either! The car was tilting and swerving at a 45 degree angle over steep sand cliffs while we were bouncing and holding on for dear life. I literally thought the car was going to topple over and have an accident. The driver later told me that the second group had paid him to drive extra fast and that was why he was the most extreme dune basher among all the other drivers! But he was such a nice soul who took good care of us and I became good friends with him later.

IMG_2939-EDIT.jpg

Although it was so scary at first, I started to have so much fun! The adrenaline was coursing through my veins and I started laughing and taking videos. There is also nothing like a seemingly near death experience to bond everyone in the car. I and the other group soon became fast friends and I learnt a lot about Dubai, camels and the Afghan culture from them.

group edit

After dune bashing it was time for the camel ride! Camels are beautiful, tall and calm creatures. It is pretty easy to get on a camel but when it is getting up you can easily fall over so hold on tight!

IMG_2950- EDIT

IMG_2963-EDIT.jpg

The next activity was the desert camp experience! There are so many things to do like henna, trying on traditional Arabian clothing, sand art and eagle handling. I tried everything but the eagle handling because there wasn’t enough time. The entertainment included a belly dancer, an illusionist spinning-type dancer, and a fire breather. The food was also pretty good. There was BBQ chicken, beef, rice and lots of salad and bread. I had a lot of fun!

IMG_3001-EDIT.jpgIMG_2984-EDIT.jpgIMG_2981-EDIThennaIMG_3023-EDITIMG_3044-EDITIMG_3063-EDIT

Most days are rarely perfect. I think the day of my Desert Safari was perfect and it is easily one of the top three experiences of my life. I loved every single thing about this experience, the people I met, the new things I tried and I am so happy I got to experience it with my mother. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed my post!

mum and me edit.jpgimg_5530-jpg.jpegdesertcamps

Share:

1. Godwin
    April 15, 2017 / 2:00 pm

This is beautiful

• April 15, 2017 / 2:58 pm

Thank you so much Godwin I’m glad you like it!

2. April 15, 2017 / 3:08 pm

Okay so this looks amazing! I would have died on those sand dunes though! 45 degree angles? No thanks!! Lol how fast did it go? I’m afraid of rollercoasters so I would have definitely sat that one out lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

• April 15, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Haha thank you so much. I have no idea how fast it went but it was waay faster than any normal car should be driving on a dune! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I still think you should try it it’s such a great experience!

Thank you so much for commenting! ๐Ÿ’•

3. April 16, 2017 / 11:20 am

I over enjoyed reading this and admiring the beauty in those pictures. Inner me is already considering Dubai as next vacay spot!

The sand dune experience though…in a car- wig the thought it would topple over, I may missed that. Mere reading it is scary ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Happy holidays, Pearl๐Ÿ˜˜

• April 16, 2017 / 5:28 pm

Loool girl don’t worry you should not miss dune bashing it’s so fun!! Apparently they make the car tires really low so that the risk of it toppling over is very low. You’ll be fine!
      And I’m glad you like it! You should definitely go when you have a chance it’s an absolutely beautiful city.

Thanks for commenting ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

4. April 18, 2017 / 4:41 pm

Oh my god the pictures are beautiful! You look radiant in them and it seems like such an amazing experience.

• April 19, 2017 / 10:17 am

Haha thank you so much Mckenz! I am very glad you liked the post! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• April 20, 2017 / 10:19 am

Thank you for nominating me Grace! I’ll check it out in my spare time and hopefully get around to doing it!

5. April 20, 2017 / 10:03 pm

You are very descriptive and I love your writing style. The sand dune ride does sound very scary. I imagine they don’t tell you about the accident…:)

• April 20, 2017 / 10:13 pm

Wow thank you I’m glad you like it! It was quite scary at first, but awesome later! Apparently the accidents are pretty rare but they’ll never tell you if there was. I would probably just have died before I even entered the car ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ thank you so much for commenting! ๐Ÿ’•

6. May 20, 2017 / 1:27 pm

The desert sahara looks lovely nice that you can travel with your mum, you both look like your enjoying the trip.I would love too go to the desert one day myself

• July 20, 2017 / 4:22 pm

You should! I’s such a unique experience. Thank you for the lovely comment! <3

7. July 6, 2017 / 3:54 pm

Wow now I want to visit Dubai looks like a great adventure.