In my 20 years of growing up I have learnt a lot of things through my experiences and I thought it would be nice to share them because it could be applicable to people of any age. Here they are!
- Humans are complex and extremely unpredictable creatures that can be capable of great evil or love.
- Worrying about things you cannot control is a waste of time.
- Question everything. Never be afraid to question things that are considered norm.
- Always try to see the good in people.
- But don’t be naive. Even though some people have good qualities, a lot of people have ulterior motives and may not be genuine.
- Try to be aware and thankful for the privileges and opportunities you were born into.
- Motivation rarely gets you to complete a task. Being disciplined is far superior to motivation.
- Not everyone is going to like you. The sooner you accept it, the easier navigating relationships and friendships becomes.
- Everyone has different, interesting and even offensive opinions. Always listen with an open mind and try to broaden your view of the world.
- Things are not always in black and white. The whole world is a blob of messy grey areas.
- Your parents are probably right 99% percent of the time.
- Bad things happen to good people. It doesn’t make sense and I will probably never understand it.
- Healthy food doesn’t actually taste that bad, as long as you know how to cook it properly.
- Be silly and laugh a lot. It makes you feel better and relaxes you.
- Most things are not that serious. When you put things into perspective, will this really be important 10 years from now? If not, it’s probably not worth it.
- Be a problem solver instead of a problem dweller.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people.
- It is okay to be single. It will happen when it will happen.
- A lot of arguements are pointless and never get anywhere. Pick and choose your battles.
- Cherish and love your body. You may not like how it looks but it does a pretty fucking hard job of keeping you alive everyday.
That’s it! I turned 20 a few months ago and it kind of feels like the age where you aren’t really a child anymore so you should really have your shit together, but at the same time you haven’t fully entered adulthood. I am just enjoying this last few months of the baby-girl life before I become a full adult.
What have you learnt about people and yourself these past few years? Leave it in the comments section!