20 Things I’ve Learnt In 20 Years

20 Things I’ve Learnt In 20 Years

In my 20 years of growing up I have learnt a lot of things through my experiences and I thought it would be nice to share them because it could be applicable to people of any age. Here they are!

1. Humans are complex and extremely unpredictable creatures that can be capable of great evil or love.
  2. Worrying about things you cannot control is a waste of time.
  3. Question everything. Never be afraid to question things that are considered norm.
  4. Always try to see the good in people.
  5. But don’t be naive. Even though some people have good qualities, a lot of people have ulterior motives and may not be genuine.
  6. Try to be aware and thankful for the privileges and opportunities you were born into.
  7. Motivation rarely gets you to complete a task. Being disciplined is far superior to motivation.
  8. Not everyone is going to like you. The sooner you accept it, the easier navigating relationships and friendships becomes.
  9. Everyone has different, interesting and even offensive opinions. Always listen with an open mind and try to broaden your view of the world.
  10. Things are not always in black and white. The whole world is a blob of messy grey areas.
  11. Your parents are probably right 99% percent of the time.
  12. Bad things happen to good people. It doesn’t make sense and I will probably never understand it.
  13. Healthy food doesn’t actually taste that bad, as long as you know how to cook it properly.
  14. Be silly and laugh a lot. It makes you feel better and relaxes you.
  15. Most things are not that serious. When you put things into perspective, will this really be important 10 years from now? If not, it’s probably not worth it.
  16. Be a problem solver instead of a problem dweller.
  17. Stop comparing yourself to other people.
  18. It is okay to be single. It will happen when it will happen.
  19. A lot of arguements are pointless and never get anywhere. Pick and choose your battles.
  20. Cherish and love your body. You may not like how it looks but it does a pretty fucking hard job of keeping you alive everyday.

That’s it! I turned 20 a few months ago and it kind of feels like the age where you aren’t really a child anymore so you should really have your shit together, but at the same time you haven’t fully entered adulthood. I am just enjoying this last few months of the baby-girl life before I become a full adult.

What have you learnt about people and yourself these past few years? Leave it in the comments section!

Share:

23 Comments

1. March 13, 2017 / 4:52 pm

Nice post! I remember being 20 and thirst for everything. Explore new things while keep learning along the way! You will find yourself through some rise and fall, and its completely fine to make mistake sometimes 🙂 Good luck and wish you a sunny day!

xxH

• March 13, 2017 / 5:03 pm

Great advice! It’s so easy to think it’s the end of the world sometimes when you make a mistake. But remembering to move forward and keep evolving helps.
      Thank you so much for commenting! Xx

2. March 13, 2017 / 4:54 pm

I love these! You’re so right and these are continuing lessons to learn throughout your life. And girl, I’m 30 and I still don’t feel like an “adult” even though I call high schoolers kids now! Lesson 21: Never grow up. You’ll enjoy life much more.
    Great post, gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your insight.

• March 13, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Thank you! Lool I’ve always heard that you never really feel old inside even though you grow up. It really is quite peculiar.
      Great advice! Always embrace the inner child in you.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
      Xx

3. March 14, 2017 / 9:26 am

I’m 20 now and soon turn 21 in a few months and I can relate to all these! It truly is an inbetween age where you’re not sure how ‘adult’ you need to be. I enjoyed reading this 🙂

• March 14, 2017 / 11:39 am

Thank you so much for reading and I’m glad you relate. So true it really is a peculiar age tbh.

Thank you! 💋

4. March 14, 2017 / 11:40 am

Great post! You have more figured out at twenty than I did! Your list is a nice blend of light hearted and thought provoking. Very enjoyable to read.

• March 14, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Haha thank you! I’m still evolving and just hope I get better everyday. Thank you so much for commenting and the feedback. <3

5. March 14, 2017 / 4:00 pm

Firstly,loved the name of your blog.This post is very true for all 20 year old people.Keep blogging. 🙂

6. March 15, 2017 / 12:29 pm

Aww thank you and I’m glad you could relate!

• April 1, 2017 / 4:02 am

Hello! Sorry I’m replying so late your post was marked as spam so I had to unspam it! Thank you so much for the award! I love your blog and I will definitely check it out 💕💕

• April 1, 2017 / 10:21 am

Don’t worry it happens to me too ! You’re welcome, can’t wait to read your answers 😊💕

7. March 20, 2017 / 7:41 pm

What a lovely post – You are much wiser at 20 than I am now!

• March 20, 2017 / 8:21 pm

Aww thank you so much. And I’m sure you’re very wise too! All we can do is evolve and get better personally. I’m still evolving everyday. Thank you for commenting! 💕💕

8. March 20, 2017 / 8:06 pm

This is so cool. One of my favorite quotes is “it’s better to look forward with a smile than look back with a frown” -yours truly

• March 20, 2017 / 8:19 pm

So true, it’s better to learn from our past than look back and let it affect out future. Thanks for commenting! 💕

9. April 15, 2017 / 1:26 pm

That’s a great list and a number of those took me much longer than 20 to learn. At 50 it’s hard not to look back on the things that I let slip by – which is why my advise would be – don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and grab hold of opportunities that come up as you never know where you’ll end up.

Thanks for the great post

10. May 7, 2017 / 8:09 pm

I noted this post.
    Cheers good collection

I write similar things time to time in my Quotes section

• May 9, 2017 / 1:55 pm

Thank you! In glad you like it, I’ll check yours out! 💕💕

11. myliron
    May 22, 2017 / 2:10 pm

I have learnt to not take myself too seriously, to let my loved ones in and trust them, that my dreams can come true and always try to see the good in others and myself